Each young person should be given a roll of paper, to use to make a timeline of their lives.
On the time line, they need to include:
- Life choices they will face at various stages
- Life expectancy
- Anticipated life events
Questions to discuss:
- What is most important to you right now?
- What will be important to you 10 years from now? 20 years from now?
- Over what events do you have control?
- Over what events do you have no control?
Kister, Joanna. Life Planning Resource Guide. Ohio Department of Education, 1994.